Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04
Image05


Sunday, December 3, 2017

Catwoman Megapost Part 6: 1960's Batman Series

Ok...The 1960's Batman series has 3 versions of Catwoman in it.
Julie Newmar
This version of Catwoman actually does have a brief barefoot moment in the series in the episode "The Sandman Cometh" when she pretends to be a Matress Model. I really apologize for the low quality of these caps. If I find a better version of the episode I'll update this scene.
Julie was also given her own comic book series called the Secret Lives of Julie Newmar where she revisits her Catwoman Role.
One of her adventures has her travel to the 60's and she adopts the attire which includes a pair of sandals.
Julie would also reprise her Catwoman role alongside Adam West and Burt Ward (Batman and Robin from the 1960's series)  in the animated movie Return of the Caped Crusaders. 
An Easter Egg from the Film has Batman seeing Triple. ^_^
Analysis: Julie Newmar is actually my favorite Catwoman. Admittedly, it may be because she was the first version I saw but I think it is more than that. I'm not old enough to have grown up in the 60's but they used to re-air the Batman Series for an hour every weekday evening when I was a kid.  I immediately found myself developing a crush on this sexy villainess. Julie's Catwoman was sexy, playful and witty. If you've watched the 1960's Batman Series, you'll know that it was extremely campy and the comedy level was really high and Julie was able to blend comedy into the role fluidly. 

A Typical Batman TV series storyline was divided up into two half hour blocks. Usually at the end of the first half hour the villain of that episode would come out ahead leaving Batman and Robin in some type of deadly situation. With Catwoman that lead to several  situations where Batman was often tied up and at her mercy. :-) We would get to see Catwoman taunt Batman telling him what she planned to do with him when he was helpless. There were even some episode where she would succeed in making one of heroes her slave (albeit temporary). It was hot to watch. I think version of Catwoman is part of the reason I enjoy Femdom scenes so much. ^_^ 

A little bit of Trivia is that when asked which Villain was the toughest for Batman to face. Adam West said that it was Catwoman because she was so Sexy. I definitely have to agree with that statement.

Ok,... Let's move onto the Next Catwoman
Lee Meriwether
Analysis: The Batman Live action TV series wound up having a Movie based on it in 1966. During that Film Catwoman was played by Lee Meriwether. Lee did a good job playing Catwoman but she was not as memorable as Julie Newmar in the role.  Her Catwoman was able to Trick Bruce Wayne into dating her while disguised so the cleverness is definitely there. In addition Lee Meriwether is also a former Miss America winner so there's no question that her actress was sexy enough for the role.

Ok Last but not least...
Eartha Kitt
Eartha Kitt's Catwoman would up having a comic book adaptation as well...

Analysis: Eartha Kitt replaced Julie Newmar as Catwoman for the final season of the Batman Live Action Television show. I would say that Eartha Kitt did a great job playing Catwoman but I still can't rank her as high as Julie Newmar's. One distinctive trait that she did add to the character though is that she was able to roll her r's giving Catwoman a sexy purr when she spoke certain words (i.e. Purrrrrrfect). Kitt  is also famous for her singing ability. She's the original singer of Santa Baby.

On that memorable note... it's time to end this tribute here. 

What's this a sudden paws?

Which Versions of the Princess of Plunder are left to Scratch Off?

Can KSC Complete the Catwoman Tributes? Or... Has the Cat Got His Tongue?

Find Out Tomorrow on Anime Feet!

Same Cat Time... Same Cat Channel!

7 comments:

  1. Hey KSC Can you bring back Mahiru Hyuuga and did i ever give you the episode of the two girls from the anime gangster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can do it but I need episode numbers and the anime itself

      Delete
    2. I think Mahiru is Kamisama Dolls Special episode 3 if you want to do it Gumball.

      Yes I think the episodes you mentioned for Gangster were episodes 6. 10, and 11 Dean. I know Gumball did some of them for Alex already. I'll still try to cap the rest though.

      Delete
    3. Okay KSC just ask i forgot. That would be great GBW if you do. :-D

      Delete
    4. No problem Dean. I will try to post them this month.

      Delete
  2. Nice XD, Julie and Lee are my faves of this era. Funny that Lee was also in the Munsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I like all 3 but Julie is my favorite. O.O Wow I didn't Lee was in the Muensters. Wow I didn't recognize her. O.O

      I know that Julie had a guest appearance in Star Trek where she played a pregnant. I think Lee was also in an episode as well.

      Delete